2017 U.S. NATIONAL AMATEUR DANCESPORT CHAMPIONSHIPS COSTUME SPECIFICATIONS FOR FORMATION TEAMS:
Below are the costume specifications for formation teams. No entry will be considered fully accepted without final costume approval. All formation team costumes should be approved by Eleanor Wiblin (801) 422-8124 (Office) prior to February 28, 2017. All competitors must be approved no later than at their rehearsal in the Marriott Center.
1. Pre-Teen formation teams shall be allowed to wear the following for both competitive categories:
a. Boys - dark blue or black trousers, plain, undecorated shirts; optional tie, cummerbund, and/or vest. No sequins, rhinestones, fringe, or other similar decorations are allowed.
b. Girls - a party dress or a simple costume provided it does not have any sequins, rhinestones, feathers, fringe, or other similar decorations. Neutral or lightly shaded lipstick is allowed for Pre-Teen formation team girls, as well as mascara and blush. Pre-Teen formation team girls are not allowed to wear eye liner, eye shadow, false eyelashes, lip liner, and severe or extreme colors of lipstick (including, but not limited to, hot pink, red, black, brown, etc). Competition makeup is allowed for Junior & Youth formation team girls.
2. Junior formation teams shall be allowed to wear the dress approved for Pre-Teen formation teams in addition to the following for both competitive categories:
a. Boys - may wear a simple costume, provided it does not have any sequins, rhinestones, fringe, or other similar decorations. No jackets (including tail suits) will be allowed.
b. Girls - a party dress or a simple costume provided it does not have any sequins, rhinestones, feathers, fringe, or other similar decorations.
3. Youth formation teams shall be allowed to wear the dress approved for Junior formation teams in addition to the following:
a. Boys may wear jackets in either division, including tail suits for the Ballroom/Smooth category. Costumes are allowed, including decorations. If tail suits are worn they must be black in color.
b. Girls may wear costumes in either division, including decorations.
4. No change of clothing/costume is permitted once the competition begins.
5. The organizers have established additional dress guidelines as listed below.
1. Regular cut dance trunks and fishnet hose must be worn.
2. Straps over both shoulders of at least one inch in width are required. If multiple straps go over a shoulder at least one strap must be the required one inch width from front to back. Halter tops or designs that resemble them are not permitted unless they also have the required one inch straps.
3. Lower backs must be covered with a solid fabric from a point five (5) inches above the waist line.
4. Sheer fabric may be used on the arms and the bodice in the front from the bust-line up and in the back from a point five inches above the waist. Straps are not required when colored sheer fabric is used over the shoulders.
5. Skirts may be broken or slitted from the trunk line down, but must cover the legs to mid-thigh when not in motion.
6. Skin from the front to a point several inches behind the sides (axilla-line) must be covered.
7. Cutouts and skin-tone fabric will not be allowed if deemed by the organizers to be inappropriate.
8. Unitards are not allowed.
1. Costumes appropriate to the style.
2. Latin shirts for Adult Amateur, Under 21, and Youth competitors may be open to a point eight inches down from the Supra Sternal Notch (Jugular Notch) .
3. Latin shirts for Junior I and Junior II competitors may be open down to the sternum.
4. Sheer fabric may only be worn on the arm. No sleeveless shirts.
5. No earrings allowed