2019 U.S. NATIONAL AMATEUR DANCESPORT CHAMPIONSHIPS COSTUME SPECIFICATIONS FOR:
Below are the costume specifications for all amateur costumed events. No entry will be considered fully accepted without final costume approval. All Adult Amateur, Senior, Under 21, Youth, Junior II, and Junior I costumes of competitors residing in Utah should be approved by Sharon Holman (801) 623-2911 (Mobile) prior to February 13, 2019. All competitors must be approved no later than two hours before their event. Please contact Sharon Holman with any additional questions or concerns. Additionally, competitors who reside outside of Utah may text or email photos of their costumes to Sharon at any time if they wish to address any questions. Her email address is Sharon_Holman@byu.edu and her mobile phone number is listed above.
1. Sheer fabric may be used on the arms and the bodice in the front from the bust-line up and in the back from a point five inches above the waist. Straps are not required when colored sheer fabric is used over the shoulders and arms.
2. Cutouts, sheer, and skin-tone fabric will not be allowed if deemed by the organizers to be inappropriate.
3. Unitards are not allowed.
1. Straps over both shoulders of at least one inch in width are required. If multiple straps go over a shoulder at least one strap must be the required one inch width from front to back. Halter tops or designs that resemble them are not permitted unless they also have the required one inch straps.
2. Sheer fabric may be used on the arms and the bodice in the front from the bust-line up and in the back from a point five inches above the waist. Straps are not required when colored sheer fabric is used over the shoulders and arms.
3. Lower backs must be covered with a solid (non transparent) fabric from a point five (5) inches above the waist line.
4. Skin from the front to a point several inches behind the sides (axilla-line) must be covered.
5. No low cut necklines.
1. Must be a solid (non transparent) fabric that covers the legs to mid thigh when not in motion.
2. Skirts may be broken or slitted from the trunk line down, but must cover the legs to mid-thigh when not in motion.
1. Regular cut dance trunks and fishnet hose must be worn (Fishnet hose will not be required for the International Ballroom style).
2. No skin tone color fabrics may be used for the dance trunks.
1. Costumes appropriate to the style.
2. Sheer fabric may only be worn on the arm (from the shoulder seam to the wrist).
3. The bodice portion of the shirt must be a solid fabric (non transparent).
4. No sleeveless shirts.
1. Latin shirts for Adult Amateur and Youth competitors may be open to a point eight inches down from the Supra Sternal Notch (Jugular Notch).
2. Latin shirts for Junior I and Junior II competitors may be open down to the sternum.
[January 7, 2019]